Monday, January 9, 2012

Lee's Real Plan At Gettysburg

My good friend Richard has just finished reading "Lost Triumph, Lee's Real Plan at Gettysburg-and Why It Failed" by Tom Carhart. , Richard says it is a quick read, and that it identifies three or so historical battles on which he thinks Lee relied to make his battle plan.

Richard goes on to say that Carhart emphasizes the fact that Picket's charge was not the central part of the plan, but rather that Stuart and 7000 cavalry were to flank the Union on its right flank and come in behind Cemetery Ridge. Problem with that was Custer and his men and their repeating rifles.

I will always feel in my heart of hearts that if  Stonewall Jackson  have lived, things would have turned out differently there. I will just have to ask the Lord about it when I get to Heaven!!! Will show the book on my next blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment