Monday, August 29, 2011

Bogged Down From Blogging

If you are a regular reader of this blog you may notice that I have take a break from blogging for several weeks while I worked on a special assignment for the First White House of the Confederacy, but I am happy to say that I am back with renewed vigor! Hope you missed me as much as I missed blogging.

Of course the First White House is closed on Sundays but I spent yesterday afternoon there with  two young men who are doing a documentary on the War Between the States for their graduate work. In the quiet of those hours, I was taken aback by the beauty and solemnity of our wonderful one-of-a-kind Museum House.

 It is such a treasure for the people of Montgomery and the State of Alabama, and such a valuable learning tool for young people about a time that was long ago but not forgotten.We never want to forget the past, we just want to learn from it. I suppose if cooler heads had prevailed the war could have been averted, but at least after four bloody years, we were able to come together and once more be "one nation under God".

 And has been said so many times, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.Perhaps we are a stronger country today because of what we went through.

No comments:

Post a Comment